Every year there are hundreds of mock drafts that pretty much list the best player available and assign them to the next team. This mock draft will be purely based on team needs and reports on what and who they’re going after. I included trade talk because that’s also a big part of the real life magic. Continue reading Fresh Take Sports 2015 NFL Mock Draft
Hawks Win… Barely.
We start in the fourth quarter…
Let me preface this by saying, I am not a fan of third quarters. Unless something dramatic happens, I just personally don’t feel that you learn a lot in them. It’s the most “status quo” of the four stanzas. The first 3 minutes are teams trying to establish whatever good word the coach put in the ear at the half and the final 9 usually play out where the team bide time til the fireworks show that is the Fourth Quarter. Continue reading Hawks vs Nets Game 2 Recap
Time certainly has flown by like the skills many athletes in the NBA possess. I definitely have enjoyed every moment of the season. Steve Kerr has proven that being coached by two hall of fame coaches has definitely paid off Gregg Popovich and Phil Jackson both whom combined to total 16 championship rings in the last 24 years. Which is quite staggering to realize that. Essentially every other year one of these two charismatic coaches wins a ship. So it is no surprise that Steve Kerr has surpassed all expectations and has the Warriors in position to make a legitimate push for the title in his first year at the helm. At the beginning of the season I made some lofty predictions and I would like to revisit those just so see how things panned out compared to how I felt things would shape up.
With the first half in the books, the main key point is that Atlanta has to make shots. When the Hawks are making their open looks Brooklyn doesn’t stand a chance. DeMarre Carroll scored 0 points in the half despite a bevy of good looks. I look for him to rebound and have a strong second half. Here is what else we saw:
Jarrett Jack channeling his inner Chris Paul
-The Nets can their only being 3 points behind almost entirely to Jack who poured in 16.
Keep finding Korver!
– Hawks went a four minute stretch in the 2nd quarter without putting the ball in the net, a Korver bomb was able to break that streak and lift the crowd.
Break the Nets spirit.
– A common theme in these Games 2’s has been the team down 1-0 has come out for blood in the second game, each time the home team has been able to step on the road teams throatby the 4th, Hawks should be no different.
Enjoy the rest of the game!
1. Ride Kyle Korver.
- With Milsap and Horford fighting through injuries, this should be one of those rare nights where Kyle takes 15+ shots.
Control the Tempo.
- Its going to be imperative that Jeff Teague and Dennis Schroder run the Brooklyn old heads out of the gym. Lets get some rest for the banged up guys in the fouth tonight!
No need to double Brook Lopez, but deny deny DENY!
- My biggest take away from game one of the series is that Brook Lopez is a large dude. We have no answer for that size, fortunately for us we don’t have to. The Nets Selfish one-on-one style of play hurts them because all the iso-Joe’s and Jarrett Jack “I got this” plays mean less shots for the best player on their team. Brook finished last game with 7 shot, of which he hit 6. While I don’t think he has the ticker to win a playoff game on the road by himself, I don’t want to find out.
-Somebody shut up Lionel Hollins! Go Hawks!!!
We will check back in at the half to see what the Hawks are doing right and wrong.
Yes it is that time. Time for the Final Four. Two 40 minute games away from crowning a champion. My question to you is are the UK team a lock that can be taken down or do they have this tournament sealed up in the vault? Let’s get it started, welcome to the Fresh Take Zone with yours truly Rahmad Hawkins. Continue reading Fresh Take Zone with Rahmad Hawkins